Thursday, October 18, 2007

Week 6/Post 15 Library 2.0

I spent some time and read 2.0 articles. It's intresting and informative. I think a lot of things we are doing are moving us into the right direction, and this training is among them. Library 2.0 to me means constantly offering new services to users. Library's now have such a strong presence on the internet, an hcpl customer can now live in the any part of the country and still use our services. As we, a library community, try to move forward- the links at ihcpl are very helpful. The idea that people will no longer come to the library has proven wrong. I liked the author that said the library is human. No matter how technoligically advanced libraries become, you will always have patrons that are looking for a human touch.

1 comment:

Jibes by Janet said...

I liked your thoughts on 2.0. You have a good insight to what people want. Keep on nervous lady